Can I replace the battery in my Chirp?
To ensure your Chirp will keep working for you year after year we’ve designed it so the battery can be easily replaced. Once your battery runs out, get in touch with us for a new one then follow these steps to keep Chirping!
To replace the battery:
- Take the Chirp cap off the A24
- Remove the ALP from the cap
- Push aside the two black tabs inside the cap to pop the top of the cap off
- Work the battery out from the centre of the cap
- Place the new battery into the same spot, ensuring the side with the writing is facing towards you. A yellow light will flash.
- Replace the top of the cap, ensuring both sides click in
- Screw the Chirp cap back onto the A24
Here’s a quick demonstration